Monday 17 August 2015

My Favourite Self Tan & Tanning Routine

I'm a big fan of self tan. Usually I would tan if I had an event to go to, or if I was going out BUT recently I've been constantly tanning my whole body because the weather here has been absolutely shocking so there's no way I can get a natural tan. 

Prepare and exfoliate your skin 

Exfoliating is key to the perfect fake tan, it removes dead skin cells to create a blank canvas for your tan to be applied to. Make sure to moisturise after exfoliating too as this will banish any dry patches that the tan could cling to.

If you’re going to wax/shave before your tan: leave it 48 hours after waxing and 24 hours after shaving to make sure there’s no skin irritation when you apply your fake tan.


How to Apply Fake Tan

Take it a step at a time, figure out your fake tan plan before getting to work. I recommend starting at the top and working your way down, making sure nowhere is missed. (don't forget to tan your feet. there is nothing worse than seeing a beautifully tanned body and pale feet!!!)

Grab a mitt and apply your chosen fake tan to the mitt, work in fluid motions and glide the mitt over your skin until you have even coverage. Take it slow and make sure you haven’t missed anywhere, you can always ask for help with those tricky areas like your back.

Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly after tanning, but don’t forget to tan them too!

Leave your tan to dry completely before getting dressed or getting into bed to avoid any smudges or patches. If you’re looking for a lighter tan, shower around 4-5 hours after application but if you’re looking for a darker tan, shower 8-12 hours after application. I usually tan at night so that way I can sleep in my tan and shower in the morning. If you feel that you want to go darker, simply repeat the fake tan process. Never apply fake tan directly to your feet and hands, always work the tan from your arms and legs to make sure you have an even, light colour. Use a little moisturiser to blend in dry areas and make sure to wipe away any colour on your palms and wrists, nobody wants orange palms! (trust me)

My Faves

St.Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse
St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse 
Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik