Saturday 27 September 2014

Top 5 Drugstore/HighStreet Foundations

 There are so many drugstore foundations out there and I try to test a really large amount of them. But these are my top 5, which really stand out for me and are just really great foundations.


Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation:

I love this foundation, I keep coming back to this one after getting sucked into the advertising of a new "high end" foundation and being left unsatisfied! It's very similar to a lot of Chanel foundations (in my opinion) but obviously a hell of a lot cheaper. It's very natural looking but covers well at the same time, and lasts well on the skin. I have to mix two shades together to get a good colour match but for the price it doesn't even matter!


Revlon Colourstay Foundation:

For those who suffer from foundation disappearing or turning into an oil slick in heat and humidity, this foundation is a godsend. Yes, it smells of chemicals and it's not for those with dry skin. And there's a low SPF so you'll need this in your primer or powder. But if you have combination or oily skin, maybe some spots or pigmentation you need help in covering and prefer or don't mind a matte finish, this is what you need in your life. The effect is natural and coverage is medium to full. But you have to work fast to blend it in and it's definitely best applied with a brush. I have other foundations I love for different reasons but for hot, sticky days or tropical moments(!), this ones is the best. And it doesn't break out my somewhat sensitive skin.


Avon Ideal Flawless Foundation:
I got this as a gift and I've always been skeptical as to how good Avon products actually are so i definitely wanted to give this a go. This foundation covered every blemish, discolouration on my skin, everything, it's truly brilliant at covering everything so i can see why they've given it the name 'flawless'! My only fault with this is that its very very heavy coverage and i was oily after less than an hour despite applying a lot of powder to set it and it stayed very oily, i also found i had a few more blemishes than usual since i started wearing this.


Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation:

I have been using the foundation in the shade True Ivory on and off now and I’m delighted with the results. The foundation has an almost gel-like consistency and applies just as well with your fingertips as with a foundation brush – providing great coverage and an almost flawless finish without looking caked on. The shade is a perfect match for my skin but keep in mind that when choosing a shade that the foundation is slightly darker than usual so make sure to test it before purchasing!

L'Oreal True Match:
I have this in multiple shades considering I'm lighter in the winter and darker in the summer. It's an amazing foundation. I went through almost every type of MAC foundation and nothing compares. I use True Match on the days where I want more coverage and the Face & Body from Mac when I want sheer coverage and it gives a gorgeous and flawless finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik