Sunday 23 November 2014

Winter Skincare Routine







                  



Although my skin is usually on the oily/combination side, during winter it seems to dehydrate and get super dry. It needs just a few days of cold temperatures, wind and blasting central heating and it becomes an irritated, red mess. 

I tend to change up and switch my skincare routine after each season, targeting a richer night time ritual during winter and a high sun factor focus during summer months.

I've swapped my regular cleanser and toner for an oil based cleanser: I'm utterly in love with the Shu Uemura Balancing Cleansing oil, with only a few drops massaged onto dry skin you can see all daytime makeup melt off in seconds. With a Liz Earle hot muslin cloth i take all the dirt away, leaving me with a clean, supple and hydrated skin. Instead of toner, i spritz a refreshing spray of La Roche Posay Thermal Water* - rich in minerals and antioxidants (selenium), soothes my skin without stripping. 

Whilst the skin is still damp, its time for a facial oil: this winter I've been reaching for Clarins Lotus Oil. Great for oily combination skin, so they will regulate the skin oil production while hydrate and nourish. I tend to massage it thoroughly with upwards movements to destress my features. I lock the moisture with the Vichy Aqualia Balm*, a very gentle and nourishing balm, rich in thermal water and with soothing and anti-redness properties. It may seem that its a lot, but i assure you that in the morning you will be having a smooth, hydrated and nourished skin.

If I'm extra dry or particularly irritated, i layer a generous amount of Lancome Nutrix* to regenerate and nourish. 

Once or twice a week i will apply a hydrating gel mask, like the Lancome Hydra Intense Gel Mask or Just a normal, simple face mask. Its like a bath for the skin! With its gel texture, rich in water it manages in just 10 minutes to lock in moisture and plump up the skin.

Are you changing your skincare routine depending the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik